Peacock’s highly anticipated drama series Bel-Air, a contemporary reimagining of the beloved and culture defining 90s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, has announced the full main cast.
The series regulars include:
- Newcomer Jabari Banks as “Will”
- Adrian Holmes as “Phillip Banks” (At That Age, V Wars) Cassandra Freeman as “Vivian Banks” (The Enemy Within, Atlanta)
- Olly Sholotan as “Carlton Banks” (Run Hide Fight, Evolution of Nate Gibson)
- Coco Jones as “Hilary Banks” (Let it Shine, Vampires vs. The Bronx)
- Akira Akbar as “Ashley Banks” (We Can Be Heroes, Captain Marvel)
- Jimmy Akingbola as “Geoffrey” (Most Dangerous Game, In The Long Run)
- Jordan L. Jones as “Jazz” (Rel, Snowfall)
- Simone Joy Jones as “Lisa” (The Chair, What If)
Set in modern-day America, Bel-Air is a serialized one-hour dramatic analogue of the 90’s sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” that leans into the original premise: Will’s complicated journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air. With a reimagined vision, Bel-Air will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions and biases that were impossible to fully explore in a 30-minute sitcom format, while still delivering swagger and nods to the original show.
ABOUT THE SERIES:
Co-Showrunners / Executive Producers: T.J. Brady and Rasheed Newson
Director / Co-Writer / Executive Producer: Morgan Cooper
Executive Producers: Will Smith, Terence Carter, James Lassiter, Miguel Melendez, Malcolm Spellman, Quincy Jones, Benny Medina, and Andy & Susan Borowitz
Produced By: Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, and Westbrook Studios, a division of Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith’s media company Westbrook Inc.
Format: Drama series
Filming Location: Los Angeles, CA and Philadelphia, PA