Lots of sad things happening these days as we march into the holiday season from personal tragedies, Paris to Kenya – the terrorist attacks, homicides at the hands of police sparking massive protests, forcing American’s to face the truths of the Black experience. Yes, all lives matter, but what we’re talking about now, is #BlackLivesMatter. To hear on the news about protests and unrest day after day–is just disheartening.
Thankfully, many of us are fortunate enough to as, the late Dr. Maya Angelou quoted, “Be Present in All Things and Thankful for All Things.”
In reading Dr. Angelou’s quote, her words makes it even more necessary to give thanks, no matter how small, to happenings within our lives. If you haven’t already started thinking about what you’re grateful for this year, now’s the time to start.
Here are our top 10 things that we’re grateful for:
- During the holiday’s we’re surrounded by good food, everywhere we go. Let’s face it, all of it’s not so healthy. Thanks to a proper diet and exercise, we’re plenty grateful for our health.
- Surrounded by positive influences in our lives is crucial, that goes for friends and family. It certainly is possible to have friends that you love like family. Real solid people. People with no hidden agenda. Sadly, not everyone has a solid support system. It’s truly something to be grateful for when you have friends that have your back in business and,your in pleasure.
- It’s in the DNA. If you’re blessed with a family that you would love, even if not related by blood, be thankful. Having family as true friends is priceless. Be grateful for family memories.
- It’s uncomfortable to read the statistics on homelessness. Thankfully, most of us are fortunate enough to have shelter. Give thanks for your current situation.
- Love yourself, flaws in all. Stop being so hard on yourself! To borrow from a favorite quote: “Be thankful for your struggle, because without it, you wouldn’t have stumbled across your strength.”
- Be grateful for opportunities that come your way. You never know what opportunity might present itself. So, make sure you’re ready. Opportunity meets preparation is a beautiful connection.
- Members of our team are grateful to have had an opportunity to travel to places such as: Italy, Paris, Hawaii and the, Bahamas, just to name a few. We couldn’t be more grateful for cultural experiences.
- You know what they say, we all have a gift or talent. If you got it, show it. Recognize yours and be grateful for it.
- Living in southern California, it’s hard to deny the beautiful landscape. Give thanks for nature and the spectacular beauty that surrounds your area.
- Lastly, be grateful that you have a voice. With all that’s going on in the world, use it as a tool to serve humanity.
Be sure to count your blessings. Stay humble, be grateful and most importantly… “Be thankful for your struggle, because without it, you wouldn’t have stumbled across your strength.”
Let us know what you’re grateful for. We’d love to share it with our readers.