Now that summer is finally here, it’s about to pop off! Music lovers have waited all year long for this time of the year, to listen to their favorite artists perform in typically an all day outdoor setting, well into the night, under the stars for two to four all day long music festivals. With so many music fests going on around the world, you could practically spend every single weekend hopping from city to city, collecting wristbands.
Check out our six picks as some of the best music festivals taking place this summer.
- BET Experience, ‘16- The biggest weekend in Music is an expansion of 3 days of events, concerts at the Staples Center, ending on a high note with the 2016 BET Awards. June 23-26, BET.com
- 2016 ESSENCE Music Festival, arguably the largest in the nation will take over New Orleans from June 30-July 3. Essence.com.
- JAZZ FEST WEST, the hottest party of the summer! July 16-17 at Bonelli Park in San Dimas, CA. Patti LaBelle, Charlie Wilson, Chaka Khan, boney James and more… jazzfestwest.com
- L.A. Soul Music Festival, July 22-24, The Autry in Griffith Park, LA, Eric Benet, Lalah Hathaway, Joe, Jazmin Sullivan, Marsha Ambrosius and more…LASoulMusic.com
- Long Beach Jazz Festival, Aug 12-14, 2016, The only Southern California Jazz Festival staged on a gorgeous grassy knoll in a beautiful Lagoon setting. Michael Franks, Jeffrey Osbourne, Dave Koz and more…LongBeachJazzFestival.com
- San Diego BayFest, September 16-18th, held at Petco Park, located across from picturesque San Diego Bay. SanDiegoBayFest.com.